Highly Scalable Virtualization with Transformative Economics
Violin All Flash Arrays deliver data protection, performance, scalability, and operational agility that virtual server infrastructure mangers need to support a mix of multiple workloads.
Consolidation initiatives can now achieve their full potential: End users will enjoy elevated service levels. IT Managers save more on equipment and operating expenses. Violin’s unique all-flash technologies maximize data center ROI.
Virtualize Applications and Databases in VMware, Oracle VM, and Hyper-V Environments
Violin All Flash solutions deliver breakthrough performance, agility and scalability for your existing application servers to support more workloads through an enterprise-class storage system that unlocks the full potential of your virtual server infrastructure.
All Flash Arrays deliver a range of powerful and cost-effective data services, an unprecedented suite of flexible, granular features including Business Continuity, Data Efficiency, Data Scaling and Data Protection.
- Reduce CAPEX, OPEX, and TCO through increased consolidation built on consistent low latency and centralized management
- Increase VM density and deploy mixed and multiple workloads with agility
- Support block and/or file-based infrastructures with comprehensive data services
- Protect applications and data without impacting VM performance
- Reduce VM storage costs with Violin data reduction services
- Protect your investment in VMware tools
Drive Storage Consistent, Low Latency Performance for Virtualization
- Achieve up to 10x faster performance for all virtual workloads
- Achieve up to 10x lower latency for spike-free user experience
- Overcome the virtualization I/O blender effect
- Achieve up to 1 million IOPS in a single VM
- Scale on demand to support 10,000 or more virtual machines
- Elastic scalability for cloud deployments
Simplify Management with vSphere and System Center Integration
Violin VSMP for VMWare vSphere is a plug-in for VMware vCenter that enables end-to-end storage management of Violin All Flash Arrays connected through Fibre Channel in vSphere environments. This plug-in supports provisioning, centralized configuration, monitoring and multi-box management.
With the Violin Windows Flash Array (WFA), storage administration is straight-forward using existing Microsoft tools including System Center and PowerShell scripts, for management of the WFA within the context of larger Microsoft Server infrastructure.
Deploy with Confidence: Violin is VMware, Oracle VM, and Hyper-V Ready
Violin’s customers have the freedom and flexibility to deploy Violin All Flash Arrays with a broad range of virtualization technologies from VMware, Oracle, Microsoft and others.
Violin All Flash Arrays have undergone rigorous certification testing through the VMware Ready™ program and are available through the VMware Solution Exchange. This certification ensures that Violin solutions are fully supported by Violin and VMware.
Violin All Flash Arrays are certified by Oracle for use with Oracle VM, enabling customers that deploy Oracle VM on Violin solutions to benefit from streamlined joint support. This certification currently covers Fibre Channel connectivity for both single path and multipath configurations on Oracle VM for x86.
The Windows Flash Array is Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 certified and features tight integration at the kernel level with Windows Storage Server 2012 R2. This certification ensures that the WFA is fully supported by Violin and Microsoft while the integration delivers outstanding Hyper-V VM density and performance for your virtual server environment.