Support Services Experience
Your data is important and your business requires mission critical availability from IT. Violin provides customers Support Services to deliver the response appropriate to your business environment.
Customers can access support through email, worldwide toll-free phone numbers, a custom Support Portal, and Callhome capabilities. Our Technical Support Engineers bring expert level troubleshooting to resolve customer issues and if needed, to dispatch an RMA and replace parts onsite within four hours. Violin engages a global team of partners that provide hardware delivery and replacement, but rest assured, Violin’s commitment is with our customers. Our Callhome tool provides predictive analytics, proactive support with automated notification of select system events, proactive diagnosis of potential problems, and automated case creation.
Access the Violin Support Center
Access the Violin Customer Support Portal to open a technical support case, find the latest software releases, download documentation, and access our knowledge base.
Register for Support
Register for a Support Portal account to take advantage of Violin Support Services; including documentation, software updates, Violin Symphony, and host agents.
Enter a Violin Serial Number to expedite your account validation.
Ways To Locate the Violin Product Serial Number:
- V-7700 Controller: inspect the pull out tag on the front of the 7700 Controller
- V-7000 FSP, XVS 8: inspect the label on the right side of the unit; collect the chassis serial from the output of ‘vinventory’ at the Array Controller Module master.
- V-6000 Array: inspect the label on the right side of the Flash Array; collect the system serial number from the output of ‘vinfo’ at the Violin Gateway.
Ways To Locate the XIO Product Serial Number:
- Legacy G2 & G3 ISE: Pull the XIO front plastic bezel to reveal the VPD (vital product data card). Inspect the VPD card on the top middle of the ISE chassis, the ISE chassis serial number is located on VPD card; collect the output of ‘show ise’ from a CLI session. The ISE serial number is 8 characters in length and will begin with the prefix 3DExxxxx, or 3FExxxxx respectively.
- G4 ISE: Loosen the thumbscrews securing the G4 chassis to the rack and pull the G4 out of the rack at least 5 inches. Inspect the label on the top right hand side of the chassis; collect from the OptimISE UI dashboard. The serial number is 16 characters and begins with the prefix USE26000xxxxxxxx.
Customer Support Resources
For general support questions or help with a forgotten password, email email@example.com
To set up a new account, Click Here
For customer service issues such as payment, shipping, and support contract issues, please contact us.
Customer Support Contacts
To contact Violin Customer Support by phone, dial 1-855-846-5465. Outside the United States, please refer to the list of international telephone numbers below.
International Toll-Free Phone Numbers
* Toll charges apply
Support Services and Plans
In addition to a comprehensive warranty, Violin offers three levels of support services:
Silver A1—Includes 24x7x365 access to technical support, software support (including access to major upgrades and maintenance releases), best effort 4-hour replacement hardware delivery.
Silver B—Includes 24x7x365 access to technical support, software support (including access to major upgrades and maintenance releases), next-business-day hardware delivery, and hardware replacement by a trained field service engineer.
Gold—Includes everything in the Silver B plan plus best effort 4-hour replacement hardware delivery, and hardware replacement by a trained field service engineer.
|Service Feature||Warranty||Silver A1||Silver B||Gold|
|SW maintenance releases for Major/minor upgrades
Features that require separate SW licenses are not included
|Hardware||3 years standard||Included up to
|Included up to
|Included up to
|Tech Support||9–5 2||7x24x365||7x24x365||7x24x365|
|Replacement HW Delivery||Return to Factory||4 hours 4||NBD 2,3||4 hours 4|
|Certified Field Technician|
Additional Support Services – available for purchase
- Media Retention
- Data Migration
- Array/ISE Installation
- Professional Services
- Secure Erase
- Health Checks
- Array/ISE Moves
- Resident Support Engineer
1 = G3/G4 only
2 = Local time, Monday–Friday (excluding holidays)
3 = During normal business hours for select locations
4 = Best Effort once HW problem is diagnosed